Passport & Visa Photos
One-stop service for official passport and visa photos! Note that the U.S. Department of State regularly rejects poor-quality photos. We guarantee our photos will be accepted—or we'll retake them for free.
- Get your passport photo taken when you come in to submit your application
- We also take visa photos, formatted to fit the specifications of the destination country—call or stop in for questions
- We can send a digital copy via email upon request
We accept cash, money order, or checks made out to the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Non-Student: $15
- Student: $10 (bring valid student I.D.)
- You cannot wear glasses. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with your application.
- Wear clothing that's normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a uniform, or clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of traditional religious attire worn continuously in public.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for passport photos.
Photos must be taken of you with a neutral expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.