U.S. Passport Facility | UMD Campus Location
International Programs & Services
University of Minnesota Duluth
138 Kplz, 1208 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55803
(218) 726-8638 | [email protected]
Visit z.umn.edu/passportappointment to schedule an appointment. Call (218) 726-8638 or email [email protected] with any questions. Our facility is closed on weekends and during University of Minnesota Duluth holidays.
There is metered parking at nearly all campus parking lots and there is a pay lot on the north side of campus.
Closest Parking Lot - Kirby Lot "K"
The closest lot is "lot K" across from the Kirby Student Center/Kirby Plaza Building (also known as the "Bus Hub") on Kirby Drive. If parking here:
- Enter the Kirby Student Center, Kirby Plaza building
- Go past UMD Transportation & Parking Services window
- Veer to the right and proceed down one flight of stairs (or take the elevator to the right of Transportation & Parking Services)
- When you reach the lower level, take a left past the Northern Shores coffee shop
- The International Programs & Services office, located at 138 KPLZ, will be the first door on the right
"Pay Lot G" which is close to the UMD Kathryn A. Martin Library is another option. When entering the library doors:
- Walk straight down the hallway (about 600ft)
- Our office is 138 Kplz and it will be on the left side of the hall, directly across from Huntington National Bank
- Bus: the Kirby Student Center/Kirby Plaza Building is an official stop for the DTA (Duluth Transit Authority). The bus stop is labeled "UMD Kirby Plaza" on the DTA informational materials.
- Bike: there are bike racks at the Kirby Student Center/Kirby Plaza Building
The U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility at the University of Minnesota Duluth is operated by the International Programs & Services office.